Not A Stripper

--Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, May 11, 2004
DREAM COLUMN... In my dream universe I have a column on the NYT op-ed page. Here's my response there to Sullivan, Brooks, and all the other Iraq hawks who are now acting surprised at recent events.


I TOLD YOU SO


CHICAGO -- I told you so.

I told you so but you didn't listen. Look who was right! Me. Not you. I told you so.

I told you so I told you so I told you so. You stuck your head in the sand and now you're bitching you got sand in your ears? How dumb are you??

I told you so. I didn't want to be right. But I was. Almost two years ago, I was. And you were wrong. Why? Because you're stupid. The truth was there for you to see before. You ignored it. I wished I could have ignored it, but I couldn't then, so I marched. Even though I hated Saddam too. And now--I'm right. You said so yourself. I told you so.

What made you think that people who have proven themselves to be incompetent leaders will suddenly become competent just because they say they are? Why did you believe them then? What did they ever do to earn your trust, to make you think they could conduct foreign policy without quagmiring us? I told you they couldn't. You thought I was being petty. You thought I just "hated Bush". I wasn't being petty. I hate Bush for a reason--this reason. I told you so.

What's that? Are you now gonna argue this is some sort of master plan to give the Iraqis an appropriate independence narrative, and we just needed to play the role of the bad guys? Funny how that rationale only comes out now, when things are messy. Anyway, even if so, couldn't we have gotten our troops some MOTHER FUCKING ARMOR? FOR THEIR VEHICLES? AND THEIR TORSOS?

We are talking about people who ignored the recommendations of the VERY PEOPLE THEY WERE SENDING TO FIGHT. They did this on basic cable. I know you saw them do it. You probably thought you knew more than generals about how to fight wars, too. Well, if you are so wise in the ways of war, I dare you to face the parents of the last American soldier to die in Iraq and defend your craven support of these idiots. I dare you I dare you I dare you.

I told you so.
Comments:
MESSAGE
 
Hi there 

what is your favorite color of....mine is blue!

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

See you soon! Girly Girl 


see how I make free money with paid online surveys
 
MESSAGE
 
Post a Comment

<< Home



Whence the Name?
My name may be Amber, but I am not a stripper.


You'll Ruin Your Eyes

Waking Slow observes culture
To Blog Or Not to Blog hails from Oz
Laid Off Dad's son is way cute
codeblog is geeky

Jesus' General brings the funny
Wonkette does too
Fafblog puts them to shame, tho

Atrios rocks, plain and simple
Talking Points Memo insight-o-rama
Political Animal gets paid for this
Daily Kos is a team effort
Dan Drezner Chicago economist
Tom Tomorrow an angry artist
Andrew Sullivan keeps yer knives sharp
Drudge I know, but he's fast in a crisis
IraqtheModel live in Baghdad

Slate news, politics, culture
Salon nice left coast bias
Arts and Letters Daily find good stuff

The Atlantic a good use of trees


Go Outside and Play

Register to Vote
Send a Package to Any Soldier


Archives
May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / December 2005 /


Washington, D.C., United States


Powered by Blogger